March 17, 2011

He's Teaching Me

I have been learning. Discovering new little things about my son.

He loves the color red.
And yellow. Just not as much.

He loves the sound of rain just as much as I do. 
It might be the sound of any running water, even the sound of my husband peeing in the next room. I just like to think that it's the rain. (Unfortunately we haven't had actual rain, we just have a swing with a sound machine on it that plays 'rain.')

He loves his blanket.
Especially the blue one and the one with little chicks all over it. [As in the animal. He is not in to girls yet.]

He's picky about his swing.
He has to be facing the way he wants to in his swing. It all depends on his mood. (We have the swing  made by 'Bright Stars' which pivots to face to the left, right and to the front. Thankfully.)

He has his favorite things to look at.
The tree in the corner of the living room. The curtains in our bedroom. And most of all, CEILING FANS.

He loves books. A lot.
Every night before bed we read one or two and some times three of them. 
We have piles of books!
At the baby shower that my friends back home threw me, each lady brought a book. So you can just imagine how many I have from just that. For Marcos' birthday last year I bought him some books to read to the baby (which at that time was in my belly). And I also managed to save a few from when I was little. 
Yes. Many, many, many books.

Here's his favorite ones [and the ones I would recommend reading to your baby]:

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Ten Apples Up On Top by Dr. Seuss 
The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle
Mr Bump by Roger Hargreaves
Mr Tickle by Roger Hargreaves
Baby Farm Animals [A 'Little Golden Book']
Scuffy the Tugboat [A 'Little Golden Book']
The First Forest by John Gile & Tom Heflin
The Bossy Gallito retold by Lucia M. Gonzales (This book is bilingual).
Put Me in the Zoo by Robert Lopshire

I wonder what I'll discover next?

2 comments: