April 7, 2010

What a Day...

Oh my dear readers! Forgive me for not writing on Monday as promised.

I came home Sunday evening instead of early Monday like I had planned because I didn't want to run into a long line before class.
Monday was a normal day until I got home.

As most of you don't know, I received a letter advising me to pay for the processing of the hubby's visa. Good news, yes?! So I payed right away online and waited another 3 days for further instructions. With Sunday, day three, being Easter I had to wait until Monday for the next instructions. When I got home that day I checked the email, trying not to be too excited. The instructions were there and ready. [Yes!] Because I filed for the visa here in the states instead of in Mexico, I needed to send in all the paperwork to process the visa. This meant more copies of forms, translated copies of birth & marriage certificates, photos of the husband for his visa and so on. Wow! Lots of stuff!
I didn't want to wait until the weekend to get all this done so I pack a bag and left for Mexico. Crazy, right?Thankfully things there haven't been bad and God has been protecting me while I drive.
I arrived at my husband's work and his dad [who is also his boss] let him go an hour early as well as the following day in order to get these papers finished and sent. It was my goal to get all the papers ready by 2:30 the following day in order for them to be sent by 4. Phew...! It was a crazy day! We got up and ate breakfast on the go. We also got our work-out in, by walking/running all over town instead of driving. Way to multi-task, eh? We made multiple trips to a lawyer, notary republic, mayor's office, copy center, photographer and even got stopped by some friends. It was a great day being together and thankfully got everything finished by 2 in order to have a little bit of time together without the running.
So at 2:45 (yes, I was late) I was on the road back to states in order to get to the nearest Post Office by 4. [Yeah, the old man who works there is lazy and closes super early]. Unfortunately the line at the bridge was long and couldn't cross right away. Anyone want to guess what time I got to the Post Office? 4:01   ! ! ! ! !
CLOSED! Nope, I didn't make it.
So I ran to the only other Post Office I knew how to get to and gave the package to the mailman right as he was about to leave! PRAISE GOD!!! I sent it priority again so they should receive the package tomorrow.
Now I'm just waiting for the date. They told me that's all I need now. Good!

Keep praying everyone! This is the last step!

1 comment:

  1. HOW EXCITING! Praise God that your prayers are being answered every step of the way! :)

    ReplyDelete