April 28, 2011

Healing

After a long weekend of being sick and the days to follow being full of recuperation I think I'm back.
I have been sick for quite a while but this past weekend blew these past few weeks out of the water. I have had plenty of sick days in my life but none of them compare with being a sick mother.
I had to hand over all responsibilities to my husband and even had to call my mom in the middle of the night to come watch Joaquin while we went on a search for a night clinic. Plus, I couldn't just take any meds from the pharmacy. So I had to suffer until finding a doctor.
I found out the hard way that the night clinics are really only evening clinics and should probably change their names. No one is open after ten or open before nine. So in those eleven hours of the night when only the ER is open, you're out of luck [unless of course, you end up going to the ER].
I did finally go to a doctor. After the Easter weekend was over. [Oh yeah. Even places open on weekends were closed for Easter. Yay!] 
And now I'm starting to feel better.
You have no idea how happy I have been today. I can rock and dance around with my son without doubling over in pain. I can eat when I'm hungry without being too afraid that I'll be sick afterwards.
I know that I'm doing what the doctor told me but I know that God is the true healer in all this. I wouldn't be feeling like this without him.
All I know is that when I put all my faith and trust in Him, He works his magic. Even in something as small as my sickness. Now I'm just praying that the rest of my family can do the same. We just found out that my grandma has a tumor on her kidney after being cancer free for a year. Her surgery to remove it was today. With all my heart I have been praying that my loved ones can love, whole heartedly, the one who heals. If He can raise the dead, He can heal cancer.
Yes, there are doctors. But it is only through God that they have their knowledge and skill. So if you or someone you love is suffering or sick put your trust in God and then the doctor. All it takes is faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment