April 12, 2011

What's Important?

My son is finally in bed and to be honest, I should be getting into bed as I type this.
I just wanted to reassure you all that I haven't forgotten you all and that I have been trying to type something up. Life has just been calling me, or should I say crying for me. (aka my son).
So with that said, a question. Or two.
What in your life is important? And, how do you live your life to make it known that those things are important? Do you talk about it? Do you display it somehow?
Is this thing material or immaterial?

I ask these questions because I have been trying to simplify our life as a family. One day I will have it mastered but until then I'm taking baby steps. I have gotten rid of boxes of stuff. Clothes. Blankets. Dishes.
We just seem to have so many things that we don't need and don't use. So many unnecessary things.
I don't want to get wrapped up in the things of life. The unimportant crap that we keep buying to fill some kind of void. That is not going to be me. That's not going to be my family. And it is definitely not going to be my children. I don't want my son (and any other future children we may have) to ever think that object can be important in life.
The meaningful things in life cannot be bought and sold. Yes, they can be given, received, and taken away. Things like friends. Family. Peace and love.
But there is one thing I want to make sure that he will never ever forget. God. Jesus. Christ.
His love is something that can never be taken away. He is something, or should I say some one, that we just can't live without.

There you have it. One of just a few things that has been weighing on my heart.
Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment