May 19, 2010

My First Appointment (cont.)

Sorry for not finishing the blog, I got distracted. Anyways...

Unlike the states you can't do your lab work at the doctor's office. So the next morning, I had to do the blood and urine tests at a lab. I was told to fast that morning before the blood tests so I did.

I never used to like having my blood taken but I've pretty much gotten used to it. In the states they prick your finger but here they take about 3 vials. Nice, huh? So they took my blood like normal but then I started to feel a little dizzy. Things started to go black, and after a few seconds I couldn't hear anything. After I woke up a little I found Marcos in a panic, holding alcohol under my nose to wake me up while telling me to breathe. When I could finally see and hear again, I made my way to the car with Marcos' help. He left me in the car to buy me a bottle of water and back with a chocolate covered doughnut in addition to my water.

Because I don't remember a thing, he went on to tell me that I fainted and was out for about 4 minutes. He said he was freaking out because I stopped breathing. He also went on to tell me that the doctor who took my blood said that this happens every time a pregnant lady has to go through this. I guess because of the fasting before hand and the sudden loss of that much blood...hmm. Weird.

All I know is that I feel great now!

Oh and we got the results back, I'm super healthy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment