January 6, 2010

Putting off packing

When the week began I said to myself "Self, you will start prepping for the move. Organize the dresser drawers, clean the closet. You will be ready!"
Ha! Haven't touched a thing.
The question now is, when will I start?
I have until Friday morning.

Why have I put this off?
I find myself [well, at least the past few days] filling my time with unnecessary tasks. This is not normal for me. I am usually overly organized to the point that it makes others sick and in the past people have gotten jealous over my spotless room or house. But now, if you were to walk in to my bedroom you would think I was a slob!
I have a pile of dirty laundry on the floor, books and make up are strewn across the very dusty dresser. An invasion of dust bunnies have set up camp under my bed and upon their coming, dust has covered everything!
Looking around as I write this, I can't believe my eyes!

Things cannot stay like this. I cannot let myself morph into someone who lives like this... Well I guess I'm off to finally start packing and cleaning. Pray that the dust bunnies don't take me hostage!

No comments:

Post a Comment